Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A poem that captured a movie

One of my favorite poems from one of my favorite movies.  This movie captured the reality of falling for someone so deeply that that it feels like that person took residence in your heart and mind . At the end when this poem was read it utterly captured what the movie was about.  I won't ever get tired of watching Eric Schaeffer' s Fall and listening to the poem that solidified the message of the movie.

Eric Schaeffer- Fall (1997)

" I wanted so badly to tell you that I loved you. The words, each time, graced my lips like an impostor, only to fall away like some great blizzard that was taken out to sea to rain it's fury on the dark ocean, alone, unbeknownsnt to any hearing... And whether that day is tomorrow, or next week, or next year, or next lifetime...I will finally get to tell you to your sweet face. The face I will miss more than I could ever tell, that...I love You. And you'll smile wryly, close your eyes, say 'catch me baby,'...and fall."

1 comment:

  1. I have watched this movie so many times and I can without hesitation say it is my favorite. Like you, the writing, music and poetry is just a work of art that truly does depict what it is for someone to really fall for someone so hard and deep--soulfully deep--and have that hope slain-as he flashes at the very end. I will watch this over and over without regret and I feel it every time.

    ReplyDelete